I really have been sewing. But finding the time and inclination to blog about it is a whole ‘nother story! I actually sewed for probably four days during “Kid’s Clothes Week”. I made two shirts for my oldest boy, who is sadly in need of long sleeve shirts. Unfortunately, one of them is sitting waiting for me to try and salvage it. I tried make him a shirt using the 90-minute shirt tutorial, but I didn’t have a onesie to base it on and my own guess on how to draft it was WAY off! I should be able to save it, though.
I also finished up a bridesmaid dress for my sister’s wedding and three matching ties for my boys. I don’t have any pics of my adorable boys wearing their ties yet. I got some great help from the gal’s at Sewingmamas to fix the fit of my dress. I think I must be the only person in the world who didn’t care for the way the Coffee Date Dress fit. I had to alter it to pieces. Obviously I made some style changes also. I used this fabric, in a slightly different color.
I also sewed a kid’s Ottobre pattern for me, for the first time. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I added length, but I didn’t end up really needing it. I think I could have made it with no changes. I used Otto 4/2009 #35.