Living right next to a Target can be a dangerous thing. Especially with the Liberty line! I was not overly fond of most of the women’s clothing. Most of it was not my style at all. I did find a few things in the girl’s department, though, which had the added bonus of also being cheaper! I made this skirt from an XL girl’s dress. It ended up a bit shorter than I intended, because I was lazy and just hacked into the skirt without being more careful. It’s still long enough, thankfully! I just did an FOE waist, super easy and doesn’t use up extra fabric with a casing. I wanted to be able to use the top of the dress for a pajama cami if I want. The girl’s stuff is also cotton, unlike the women’s polyester.
The shirt was drafted using Cal Patch’s book . I did use a shirt I have to change the shoulder/arm area. It was considerably wider there…not sure if I measured wrong or if that is one of the limitations of this drafting method. Regardless, I’m thrilled with the results! I know it’s just a super-simple shirt, but I will still very happy. The only wonkiness is due to my ineptness at binding necklines. Also, when I sewed the flower on I managed to gather the shirt up a bit. I still love it though. It started off life as a men’s turtleneck. Next up, hopefully: a blouse!