Do I really have that much fabric!?
Why, yes I do! Enough for 204 scraps for this quilt, with some to spare. Granted, some of these were cut from pieces barely big enough to cut a 2 and half inch square from. But still! I have a really hard time stretching myself color wise, so for this quilt I just threw the squares into a paper bag and sewed whatever came out together. I think I only broke that rule twice (two different blue polka dots right next to each other….I just couldn’t do it!). I think it looks pretty cool and it will look even better when i rip off the binding and handsew it back on. I was hurrying to finish it in time for stash game, so I was forced to sew it on by machine. I snipped the last thread at midnight, so there’s no way I could have done that by hand!
I also finished the quilt for my new nephew. I haven’t been able to give it to them yet so sorry, Sarah, if you read my blog! Don’t look if you want to be surprised! I used a curtain from Target for the back. They have a jungle animal theme in their older boy’s room, so assuming they will be sharing a room I thought it was appropriate. Now that I think about, I didn’t take a pic of the back! Silly me! Well, you can barely see it at the top of the stack in the picture in this post. I used fabrics from Heather Ross and Amy Butler, along with Kona Cotton solids.
I also made the scalloped blanket from “Bend the Rules Sewing“. It is definitely not perfect, but not quite as wonky as it looks in the picture. I used a Tina Given’s print from her Zazu line, which I believe is discontinued.